The mission of the NATO MP COE is to enhance the NATO MP capability by providing subject matter expertise on all aspects of MP activities, thus improving the alliance’s interoperability in the field of MP operations.
The NATO Military Police COE supports the development of MP standards and capabilities in particular through:
- Providing analytical and methodological support in the process of expanding the transformation policy and transformation processes, plans for nations as well as launching initiatives in these areas.
- Monitoring main undertakings, ideas and changes in the field of transformation of the MP.
- Supporting and coordinating national and multinational effort in implementing doctrines, publications and normative documents in order to facilitate common understating in fulfilling police tasks in every operational environment.
- Supporting and advising whithi national as well as international consultations on the issues to be addressed in the MP doctrines and publications.
- Preparing evaluation, lessons learned from theoretical and practical MP accomplishments, as well as conclusions and ways ahead in order to implement them into the future actions.
- Cooperating with national, alliance' and foreign institutions responsible for transformation of their armed forces, especially in the frame of police activities.
- Formulating, experimenting, reviewing and recommending new concepts and directions for utilization within MP multinational operational environment.
- Cooperating with other military and civilian Subject Matter Experts to carry out research, simulations, analyses in favour of the MP and their counterparts.
- Studying and providing all actors with optimal methods, tools and procedures used in the transformation process for planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating.
- Gathering, storing and sharing any materials related to MP operations in their countries and operations abroad.
- Serving as a platform for consultations, experiences and information exchange, discussions and meetings.